Sunday, March 4, 2012

MITx



           
            MITx is a new online learning initiative by MIT. “MITx will offer a portfolio of MIT courses through an online interactive learning platform”
If you want to read more about it, here’s the press release from MIT -> Press Release from MIT
 And here's the link to their website --> MITx


Their pilot course is “Circuits and Electronics” – 6.002x 

In their words - “In order to succeed in this course, you must have taken an AP level physics course in electricity and magnetism. You must know basic calculus and linear algebra and have some background in differential equations.”
 I fulfill neither of those requirements yet, I enrolled. I just wanted to tag along to see how it’s going to work. They say that I’m going to have to spend atleast “10 hours a week” to do ‘well’ in this course. Since it’s holidays, I can try it out for a week or a two. Honestly speaking, I want to get a feel of how stuff is taught at MIT.

According to their website, more courses will be available this coming fall. I'm pretty excited to know what these new courses will be in!


Until next time,
Adarsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment